Why renovate an old roof?
Over time the elements, pollution and environmental factors all take their toll on your roof. With the rapid expansion in Post-war house buildings, reliance on traditional slate declined in favour of cheaper, pre-cast concrete tiles. Often available in vibrant colours architects also favoured them as they complemented their bright, modern designs.
Unfortunately pigment and pre-cast technology was not as advanced as in today’s tiles and the vibrant colours faded the now familiar dull grey. In addition, quality varied and some tiles had a design life of only 25 years.
Today in extreme cases the tile surface breaks down, becoming porous. This acts like a sponge, retaining water and encouraging the growth of unsightly moss, green mould and liches. The retained moisture also increases load on the roof trusses and ultimately leaks to the inside walls, showing up as damp patches.
Important Point! Many of these roofs have far exceeded their original life expectancy, underlining that they are basically a durable, reliable material even if they may look tired.
In most cases, careful repair of structural defects followed by a application of antifungal roof colouring, this will restore the vibrant colours that were so appealing in the original tiles and re-seal them against the elements. This cost effective solution will save you £thousands compared to stripping off old tiles and fitting a new roof.
Why Choose RoofTek Ltd?
- Stunning “New Roof” appearance
- Enhanced “Kerb Appeal”
- Water proofs porous tiles
- Reduces stress on roof structure
- Extends the rood life by at least 10 years
- Resists moss and mould growth
- Improves gutter drainage
- Blends repairs and extensions
The Step by Step Process
- Apply moss killer
- Clean roof and ensuring no damage is done to the roof
- Clean all debris, gutters, downpipes etc
- Repair any cracked tiles and repoint ridge if necessary
- Apply moss killer to kill the route of any moss
- Then apply two coats of Rooftek-seal roof coating
Protective Wall Coatings
This is our new superior, flexible & waterproof smooth finish wall coating. The life long elasticity within the coating protects from flaking, blistering and tearing while concealing small gaps and cracks in walls.
Our coating is made with micro porous structures to ensure unrivalled breath ability. Water vapours escape out through the walls, preventing condensation build-up, while preventing water vapour entry from outside.
● Complete rejuvenation of exterior walls
● Protects from weather damage and penetrating damp
● Breathable weatherproofing
● Increases EPC & property values
● Built in fungicides, can be hosed down